JOHN EVANS
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
www.redwood-rv.com look out drv they have you in their sights

GlennWest
02-02-2013, 04:08 PM
don't compare on insulation rating.

JOHN EVANS
02-02-2013, 04:19 PM
they dont compare on a lotta things but the got into the race.And im sure they will be leading the pack unless drv steps up to the plate on quality control and start insuring that they are the best in the industry. Hows the pipewelding going? A lot of guys around here waiting on obama signing on for the line coming down out of Canada.

2 DA WDS
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Saw the 36RL in Texas last year, good setup on a front living room.

terry and jo
02-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure DRV needs to worry about the Redwood line. I was researching that one a while back because I was asked about them over on RV Dreams' forum.

When I got to looking, I got turned off really quick when I found out that they have a 12" "main frame" and a 10" "drop frame." My understanding is that the drop frame is that section near the front that runs immediately under the basement.

No way I would have a trailer with that section being only 10 inches. While the page at the link below doesn't specify what the frame size is, it does give a fair image of the frame.

http://www.redwood-rv.com/features/falcon-integrated-technology

This link shows their construction details, but fails to mention the frame size. While my looking today has been short and somewhat limited, I'm not finding where they specify their frame size. However, they do say the R-rating for the walls is R9. That's a bit shy of DRV's R16.

http://www.redwood-rv.com/features/construction

Terry

rv'n
02-03-2013, 07:27 AM
I looked at a Redwood last Monday and at first look it was nice. After opening/closing drawers, doors and just plain walking through it they are not in contention with DRV. Glitz and glitter, WOW, might get the camper but if looking for a good quality everyday use trailer this is not the one.

billr
02-03-2013, 09:05 AM
We saw them at the Tampa Show. They look nice for sure. But....a few things I can't past are Particle Board roof decking, 7K axles with 16" tires....E's standard and G's option. They will run out of tires pretty quick with the wt they will have loaded. Sound familiar?? No option to go to 17.5".

Insulation and wall thickness well below DRV as well. Same for frame.

I think I remember them being a 96" wide coach?? Not the 102" can not find that little spec in the site.... That is a big deal since it adds a lot of space.

One thing they did compare on was price. Hum... once they are loaded up.

They will sell a lot of these no doubt.

2blackdogs
02-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I looked at the Redwood 36FL and thought the front living layout was the best I've seen. I had them price me out one with the 8K axles and 17-1/2 tires. I just can't accept the frame.

Motor31
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Other than the fact that the frame has a smaller dimension what is the objection to it? If the frame has a different construction, it may well be stronger than the thin wall tubes that drv uses. I have a smaller height frame on my tow vehicle than the trailer I tow has but I can easily guarantee that the tow vehicle frame is far far stronger than anything dreamed of by drv.

GlennWest
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
they dont compare on a lotta things but the got into the race.And im sure they will be leading the pack unless drv steps up to the plate on quality control and start insuring that they are the best in the industry. Hows the pipewelding going? A lot of guys around here waiting on obama signing on for the line coming down out of Canada. Work is best it been in many years. I am actually have to turn down work. Redwood doesn't even compare to the Tradition model.

JOHN EVANS
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
IM in the same boat as you Glen i turn down work just to collect my pensions and ss checks every month . lol

Gillesm
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
This is where Dan has gone to try to make them better

GlennWest
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
IM in the same boat as you Glen i turn down work just to collect my pensions and ss checks every month . lollol haven't got there yet. just 56 years young