PDA

View Full Version : never wax again ?

JOHN EVANS
11-26-2012, 10:54 PM
In the Good Sam mag. i saw a ad for Poliglow products.It says NEVER WAX AGAIN. Has anyone ever used this product and is it as easy to use as their web site claims?www.poliglowproducts.com

jdwilson3
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Here is a link to their website (Polyglow). http://www.poliglow-int.com/howtouse/

They say for a year. It requires 5 (five) coatings to do the job...I don't know about you, but putting five coats on a 5th wheel to get 1 year of shine...never mind.

anijet
11-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Our front cap always faces the south and it got to looking pretty bad. Cleaning and waxing would not bring it back. I tried the Poliglow just on the cap. It was work to clean it but the application of the 5 coats is easy, just takes some time. It worked well, looks great, although slightly streaked because I was learning how to apply it, and has lasted since it was applied a little over a year ago. We haven't traveled as much lately because of family projects so I don't know if the results would have been the same if we traveled more. I will continue using it on the cap but wouldn't do the whole trailer.

missourijan
11-27-2012, 01:42 PM
We also tried Poliglow and has less than good results. Some people swear by it but we could not get the streaks to go away. You have to use Poliprep to get it off to re apply every year. It was just not satisfactory to us.

Motorcycle Jack
11-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I thought it was the same as Red Pro Max #3? No? Red Max cheaper too.

chevman
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Red max pro works great.
chevman

JOHN EVANS
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
how long does the red pro shine last ? and does it yellow and peel ?

Motorcycle Jack
11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Doesn't yellow and doesn't peel, last 1+ year if 4 or 5 coats put on.

Jack in Alaska
12-07-2012, 01:42 AM
The front and rear cap on my 2004 MS was done using Red Max Pro.
My good friend chevman did in his driveway in Wenatchee it for me last year in April. So far it looks almost brand new after being pretty dull. It is not perfect but 99% better than it was. He was meticulous in preparing the surface before applying the Red Max.
Thanks Larry, I really appreciate it.
You should see his Alpenlite. One needs sunglasses on to look at it as it so shiny.

2 DA WDS
12-08-2012, 11:32 PM
John heres 39 pages of info on Red Max and Zep Wet Look. Red Max is a discontinued Lowes rebadging of the Zep.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24950880/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1
I'm thinking of starting with my front & back caps & see how it goes from there.

JOHN EVANS
12-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks everybody looks like i will be doing a lotta work in the spring time

chevman
12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks everybody looks like i will be doing a lotta work in the spring time

the work is removing the wax on your rv. Applying 4 coats of Zep or red max is very easy. the work really isn't that hard to remove wax but it is what will be needed or you will be wasting your time. Applying too much will give you runs so thin is the way to do it.
chevman