PDA

View Full Version : MS stabilizer back

kfrimr
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I am seeing some oil on the outside of my rear stabilizer jack. Have you ever rebuilt one of these? directions? steps? if not where did you take the hydraulic cylinder to have it rebuilt? Any help you can be would be great...Thanks
Kent

billr
10-08-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't believe you can rebuild them. Have to get a replacement. Call Lippert. Be sure its not a line or fitting draining down on the ram.

Bill

Motor31
10-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Definitely check to make sure it's just not a loose fitting. The jacks are not rebuild able, Lippert uses cheap chinese rams and throws them away themselves upon failure. Should the fitting be loose or broken (that's what happened on my rig) you can easily get a replacement at any hydraulic supply shop. Make sure you take steps to purge the air out of the line when you do get it fixed.

sr
10-12-2012, 07:38 PM
You might try Bobs RV Repair in Mooreshill Indiana. He replaces the seals and your good to go.

kfrimr
10-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone, sounds like rebuilding is not an option except for Randy said that the seals can be replaced. I will check for looks fittings, thanks.
Kent

kfrimr
10-28-2012, 12:00 AM
OK thanks, it was as simple as tightening up the fitting. Leek stopped and no more oil on the stabilizer nor popping. thanks everyone