PDA

View Full Version : Montana 3580RL Broken Pocket Door

craigswan
10-01-2012, 07:18 PM
The pocket door between the bedroom and living area is either off the rail or the rail has pulled loose in the back. Has anyone faced this problem?

Since it's sandwitched between a shower stall and a refrigerator/pantry cabinet, I don't want to remove either of those items to get to the rail.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Motor31
10-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Look inside the pantry for an access panel. There should be some part of the back wall that has a hatch to allow access to the upper end of the track area. It may be closed with screws rather than anything you would just pull off. If there is a return air grate in the same area above the pantry it might also be a point of access.

There should also be one that allows you to see the plumbing at the shower stall.

craigswan
10-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks! I looked for a vent and didn't see one. Will check further today and also in the shower.

Motor31
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
The shower will be a single solid unit, no access panel in it. There should be some kind of access hatch in the wall that is directly behind the shower controls. That is where you can get to the plumbing if the fixture (water valves) needs to be changed. I have a different brand of unit than yours. I found access to the pocket door and plumbing through the back of the pantry as well as above the pantry in a return vent.