PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Suite 38 RSSB3

99roush2
09-20-2012, 06:49 AM
I have a simple question to owners of this floor plan. Do you need to open the bedroom slide to gain access to the bedroom.

Thanks in advance.

hitchup
09-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes, you'll need to open the large bedroom slide for any of the SB (side bath) floorplans to use bathroom or access bedroom.

If you're thin, you can squeeze up the stairs without pushing out the kitchen slide.

wingnut60
09-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Don't have one, but was looking at one at an RV show--you MIGHT be able to get up the stairs, but I think the W/D portion of the bedroom slide will block opening the bathroom door.
Joe

99roush2
09-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks.
Hmm! I'm not thin.
So if you Walmart it can you open the slides? Or do you need to keep everything in? Never camped at Walmart.

As you never see them closed at a show, I guess a pic of the unit closed would be nice. Hint. Hint.

Thanks again.

wingnut60
09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Whereever overnighting at Walmart is allowed, I always find a side slot that will allow me to open one slide over the curb--this gives me room to put the opposite slide out without protruding into a driving lane. Just have to use some logic to see where most of traffic is, and stay away from that area. Generally, it will be obvious where the best area is to park, especially if there is already a unit exactly where you would like to be. :
Joe

99roush2
09-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. We traveled a bit to a dealership that had the unit. YEP. Need to move the kitchen slide about a foot to get access to the bathroom. Then the bedroom slide about the same to get access to the bedroom.

Another question if you folks don't mind. Slide toppers. We have not seen any MS with them mounted. Any reasons why not? We have them on our current rig and they are great in the fall with the leaves falling.

wingnut60
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
If you like them already, then get them again. Some like them, some don't.
Joe

soos
09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I think I have the only floorplan that allows access to the bathroom without opening the slide-TKSB4. We can open half the refrigerator too.
We have slide toppers and like them a lot.

Sue

99roush2
09-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks again.
Starting to get a handle on what we want, what we like and what we need. It's an interesting list.

One of the most noticeable features that really impressed us was the stability of the rig when parked. The various units we went thru were parked with only the landing jacks on the ground. The other jacks were not deployed. All of the units were solid with very little movement when one of us walked around as the other sat on the couch at one end or on the bed at the other end. Even when entering or departing the rig. That was pretty impressive. Almost equally impressive was the floor / frame structure. It was solid wherever you walked in the rig.

soos
09-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi,
two things- although these are very stable units, they are not perfect and there is a big difference between stability on asphalt and stability on gravel/dirt etc.
second, if you do buy a new DRV and don't yet have a coupon for one of the free options (linen package/central vac/power management system/2 matching folding chairs) send me a note (susanc_@hotmail.com) and I will mail you a voucher.

Sue

99roush2
09-27-2012, 12:15 PM
These units were set on gravel.

Thanks for the offer of the coupon. Email sent.