PDA

View Full Version : 3500 Regular cab Dualie ?

BluegrassMan
09-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Does anybody drive a regular cab dualie ? I have a 96 club cab 8' bed currently (V-10). I'm thinking of keeping the truck as short as possible, this time. What do ya'll think :?:

I know it's not a Cummins, but back in 96 I ran rings around Diesels, now it's their turn to shine. V-10's are orphans now. :(

Cheryl
09-08-2005, 06:55 PM
We just bought a new 4 door 1-ton Dodge dually diesel in May. We looked at regular cabs but, ruled them out because I like to be able to sometimes recline. Plus, it's nice to have the back seats on the rare occasion that the kids go with us. And of course we had to think of our future grandkids (far far far future :lol: ). I recommend that you go sit in one, take it for a test spin before deciding.

P.S. Our old truck was a Cummins, 1996. It pulled our 36' Jayco over the Rocky Mountains at a steady 70 miles an hour. Took it all the way to Arizona, Nevada, California, Wyoming, South Dakota and then back home. Got pretty decent milage too.

BluegrassMan
09-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Cheryl:

I was just thinking out loud. I would really like the short turning radius. I have a tight 90 left turn going in my driveway. It seems worse going in that coming out. I'm always rolling through the neighbors corner of his yard with my club cab 8' bed.

The gross is higher on a reg. cab by a little than the 4 doors. My wife likes to recline too.

Cheryl
09-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Our driveway is bad too, plus it is downhill. Because of the direction he comes in, my husband is able to go through our yard and not the neighbors when he puts the camper away. Because we were fortunate enough to be able to take several weekend trips on top of our regular vacation this year, we left it up in front of the house all summer.
You could always left your wife recline against you? :wink: