PDA

View Full Version : Greasable wheel bearing system

74vette
09-19-2012, 07:04 PM
I recently purchased 2005 Komfort 271FS. I am new to the RV world and began reading the mountain of information and manuals. I have a question on the greaseable wheel bearing system on this model. The manual states that you pump grease into the hub zerk and the grease travels through the wheel bearings and out the front of the hub. Is this a viable way to grease the wheel bearings or just a gimmick. I understand the workings of bearing buddies and these seem to be different with no spring tension to pressure the grease. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

wingnut60
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
The bearings you have may be the Dexter E-Z Lube bearings--check with Dexter Axle, or just google for E-Z Lube. Tons of info on the internet.
But, yes, you use the zerk to add grease and it works well--you should probably have the wheel off the ground so you can spin it while adding grease. It is not like a Bearing Buddy which is designed to keep water out of boat trailer bearings. Many have suggested NOT to use an auto/cordless gun, but only a manual one to keep from getting too much grease in unintentionally.
Joe