PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom Slide Hanging up going out???

Jack in Alaska
09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
2004 MS, 33', RE3..........my bedroom slide (electric) hangs up when about halfway out. It is catching on the front side (nearest the RV front). A little pushing/wiggling, by me while wife runs the switch, on that side gets it going and then goes all the way out. It retracts fine.
I have looked at all of the surrounding seals and the underside and it all looks just fine. The underside white board is perfect, teflon blocks are in place etc.
What supports the slide itself on the foot end of the bed.?? Are there teflon blocks there also or does it just slide on the carpeting??
The MS is in storage in Wash. state, I am in Alaska so I do not have the opportunity to mess with it. I thought about sliding apiece of 1/4" teflon board under that side to provide a smooth surface to slide on.
We will be together again in mid-Oct. Then on to Az. for the winter.

Any ideas from you MS owners???

Jack in Alaska
10-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I drove down from Alaska and am at my MS in Washington.
Today I got under the bed, removed all of the "stuff" and the subfloor panels. I found a shiny nut laying on the carpeting. MS did not put that there as an extra. Upon looking around I found that it came off of the roller shaft that is inside the channels that make up the sliding mechanism. The roller was lose and flopping around. When going in or out the roller would bind up causing the problem. I put the nut back on, tightened it up as well as the one on the other side as it was almost off.
Now the bedroom slide glides in/out flawlessly and quietly.
Saved some $$$$ by doing it myself.
I recommend others check their slide under the bed and tighten up the bolts. 3/4" nut.
On our way to Arizona now and thinking good thoughts about my neverlubes.

wingnut60
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Jack,
Nice work--kind of inconveninent distance for a service call, eh?
As for the NevRLubes--after 7 years and no problems, did not want to make my AK trip on them. Had them replaced and only one showed to be suspect. Not sure what you should do about them--replace for no reason or wait for a problem.
Joe

jdwilson3
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Jack, If you are heading to Caso Not So Grande this winter, tell Larry I said Hello!

RonS
10-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Jack - What did I miss about never-lube? Did you check yours or what??
Thanks in advance...............Ron

Jack in Alaska
10-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Ron,
I made it to Az. w/o any problems. Set up for the winter here.

There have been some ugly stories about having wheel bearing problems with NeverLubes. I have not had any to date. I had them checked 2 years ago in Washington. They took the bearings off and found no problems. They called the factory to get directions for checking them. All 4 were within specs for play in the assembly that the factory specified. I am going to keep on driving until something happens. I have approx. 50k miles on the unit so far. Will probably recheck them next fall in Washington just for peace of mind..

Jack

RonS
10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Jack - Thanks for your reply, I am coming up on about 40K and have never looked at them, and as far as I know all is well. Leaving soon from Wisconsin to Texas by way of Florida dont ask blame it on GPS. Never lube I guess means never lube time will tell..........Happy Travels Ron