PDA

View Full Version : Surprise when mounting antenna

GlennWest
08-31-2012, 12:10 PM
Mounted a 3g/4g Wilson antenna for my mifi booster the other day. Mounted on side of MS above window next to entertainment center. Drilled hole and their was no insulation in wall. Had inside paneling, air space and outside covering, that's all. I was curious so I put a wire downward and found nothing but window framing. This is very disappointing. Wonder where else they missed.

David Schwertner
08-31-2012, 07:51 PM
After having a rear wheel blowout which put a pin hole in my rear jack hydraulic hose that my RV dealer had to replace. Dealer took the under penny down and found the insulation was still rolled up and not spread out. Another good job from DRV, I love your R-factor of Zero !!!!!! Go Figure

You owners might want to check your rigs out for that issue too, especially with winter coming on. Can't believe it was still in rolls.

Motor31
09-01-2012, 09:19 AM
That's your fine amish craftsmanship there.

rotaxman
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Agree Mike its also managements brilliant idea to run a quota based assembly line.

Drv doesn't have brightest bunch in the engineering and management departments.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

bstark
09-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I no onger have one of these things but come back here now and again for nostalgia reasons. Yep; those issues that were around 5 years ago are still around today.

I used to chuckle at all the posts about twisted off heads of trim screws due to over-torguing, the wrong colour putty covering the nail heads, the sliding door and it's overhead track dropping into the basement, the inboard roller grinding through the aluminum angle support on 38's kitchen slide, the cargo door gas cylinder brackets separating from the door, the . . . . . well it's nice to hear some new problems are coming along to keep you all on your toes. Haaar!

I miss working on mine and am now having to content myself with house repairs and working in my shop instead. It's amazing how much time I have for hobbies now! Chuckle. ;)