PDA

View Full Version : New to forum/new to DRV/ have problem with clearance

joelnlori
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi, I have recently purchased a 2010 Mobile Suites, 36'. Towing with a 2012 GMC dually. I have trail air center point suspension and trail air pin box. My reese hitch is at the next to lowest position. 6 inch clearance to bedrail, but I still dinged my bed rail with the back of kingpin turning left with the right wheel low...won't put my self in that position again... BUT I am towing about 3 inches nose high. Pin box seems to be extended as low as possible. There is one more hole in shackle to raise one inch. I can raise hitch 3 inches but then would really be nose high. Prefer not to lower truck, requires specialty shop and not sure what effect that could have on warranty. Moryde IS will raise trailer. but was wanting to put that off a couple years. Changing beds is option, but I am about tapped on startup costs (too tight says Lori). Any other suggestions? ONE more?... if lowering the springs to bottom shackle hole, do I need to also lower the center point to the next lower hole also? THANKS

Walt
07-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes, lower the center point to the lower hole. I have a 2011 GMC dually and a 2010 32' MS. I had to raise my hitch 2" to get 6" clearance. The trailer is about 2" nose high.

anijet
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Had the same problem. Trailer is as high as factory mounting holes allow, only 5" clearance and lowered the rear of the truck 1" with shackles and now I'm just level.

Stripit
07-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Are you able to trim off the offending edges of the extended pin box? Are you missing only 1/4 inch to clear?

joelnlori
07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
thanks for the input. I think I can raise the trailer 1" at the shackles and center point. I can't find anyone who has lowering shackles for a 3500 dually. If I don't get myself in the pinch I was in, hopefully i will be ok. thought about a flat bed but then my current hitch would be too tall to tow level. That is a lot of dollars. Think I will try a tow to the cool mountains and see how it works as is...looking for 30 degree cooler temps than Okla

terry and jo
07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, from Northeastern Oklahoma City, I'm looking for cooler temps as well. Next week we are going to Canon City for a week to a mini-family reunion. We will just drive up and not take the Mobile Suites.

Good luck with your trip and modifications.

Terry

anijet
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
...... I can't find anyone who has lowering shackles for a 3500 dually......

Call Dallas at Belltech - 800-445-3767
Drops the bed 1" at the axle and almost 1.5" at the tailgate.