PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Chevy 3500 Dually and 2007 Moblie Suites active brake

mrkgrysngr
05-21-2012, 07:04 PM
I have just purchased a 2012 Chevy Duramax 3500 Dually. I have a 2007 Mobile Suites. My former 2008 Duramax had to have a specific brake controller installed. The new 2102 already has a integrated brake control. I was told that my new 2012 truck is compatible with the old Active controller that came with the Mobile Suites. It is not the Carlisle that the Suites now have but the older Texas controller from Active. Can anyone tell me if this is true. I just don't want to hook up and burn out the circuit board in the Active Control unit itself.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mark Gray

rotaxman
05-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Mark,

I don't know if this will help but I have a friend that bought a 2012 GMC and he has an 08 Mobile Suite. He had to buy a device called an HBA-CAM from DRV to get his trailer to work with the Chevy integrated brake controller.

The price of the HBA-CAM was around a 100.00 last year when he had to get his.

Hope this is of some help.

As always good camping
Joyce and Jerry

netjam
05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Be carefull with the Active Technologies (out of business) actuator. Lots of problems with it (see recall section of suitesowners.com). On my 07 DRV eventually replaced mine even long after the warranty although I did go hundreds of miles without trailer brakes before RVs for Less in Tennesee got DRV to replace it.

mhs4771
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Even if you had the Carlisle Pump, you would still need the interface box between the Chevy controller and the Pump. Without the interface box you will get fault codes as the GMs are looking for a pulse back from the brakes that is not generated by the hydraulic pump.