PDA

View Full Version : First Thread in here.........

Rusty
05-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Who likes NA$CAR and what they have done to change the course of Stock Car Racing in North America?

Personally I have been a wee bit miffed with some of the rules and how they have "Run things" since Dale died and France gave control to his halfwit son.

Engineer
05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
First reply to first thread. :D

If you watch NASCAR, you can tell is has gone through an evolution. It seems a watered down version of political correctness has taken over in the last 10 years. :(

But then again, Nascar hasn't been worth watching since Daytona 2001.

Rusty
05-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Bing a huge Earnhardt fan I totally understand what you are saying.

My biggest pet peeve is that that Jackass France is trying to reinvent the wheel!!!!

steve_darlene
05-12-2005, 06:21 PM
I think that Bill France is trying to make all cars equally competitive. Having said that multi-car teams seem to have an edge over single car efforts. I do enjoy watching the races and getting to the Loudon race in September. Go Jeff 24 :lol:

rverdlm
05-13-2005, 07:47 AM
I like some of the new rules. I thought the new point system last year made the last 10 races very exciting. The racing on the 1 and 1 1/2 mile tracks is great. The restricter plate tracks are exciting because you just know there will be a big wreck and you just hope your guy wont be caught up in it. I do wish there was some way to make the racing on those tracks not just a 43 car pack, but for the life of me I ca't figure a way. GO DALE :!: :!:

Rusty
05-13-2005, 08:24 AM
The best way to break up those 43 car packs is to either increase the restrictor plate size, or remove them altogether, the main thing is the drivers need throttle to help them out of a tough situation. Just look at the Busch and truck series, neither of them (as far as I know) have restrictor plates and they keep it way under the danger zone.

I don't even want to get into that whole Chase argument, Brian France is making a mockery of the series as far as I am concerned!

Engineer
05-13-2005, 03:18 PM
As far as I am concerned the chase for the championship is a load of crap. Plain and simple. Just a lurid case of Nascar constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. :roll:

Nascar needs to look at other sports. You don't see any of the round ball sports changing their rules every year. Or in the case of satisfying Jack Roush, every week. :roll:

I have a 4x4 pull truck, and as someone who doesn't have a whole lot of disposable income, I can't afford to be the best truck every week. When I had the time to run for points in my pull classes, my only hope to win the final points was to remain consistant across the whole season. I.E. just keep finishing in the top 3~4.

If the season were to be shortened, one stumble and you stand to lose alot more ground.

Nope, for me, a season's champion should be determined by their performance across the ENTIRE season. Not just the final 25% of the season.

Rusty
05-14-2005, 10:18 AM
100% totally agree with you engineer.

BobT
06-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Interesting subject,

We too have been Nascar fans for years but, for what ever reason, Nascar seems to want to make the sport more and more "vanilla" only! In the old days if a guy was in the way, Richard Petty, The Allisons, Cale Yarborough, Dale Earnhart Sr. etc. would spin the guy out, bump him just enough to make him "loose" etc. It was exciting to see what was going to happen next. Now it seems that Nascar with their restrictor plates, hsp. controls, transmission and rear end dictates, etc. Is trying to make all cars and drivers the same. It almost seems to make the race look like it is being run by robots until the last few laps. We feel that they should race only the cars we can buy. Not the hy-brids of today. To call the race cars of today: Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. is like calling a thorobred a plow horse, The Queen Mary a boat, a diamond a piece of coal, etc.

We would also like to see the disolution of "teams". They are making it harder for the individual owner driver to compete.
By alowing teams they are incouraging the haves to get more and the have nots get the scraps.

We have no opinion on the "chase". We disagree with the poster aluding to round ball. Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Football, etc. has "Playoffs" to determine champions.

We would like to see Nascar a 12 month sport with 2-3 weeks "vacation dates" scheduled according to seniority "last years points ranking determining seniority". Every car must take at least the 2-3 weeks off. That way an owner and driver would have to work and schedule "vacations"as we all have to.

Another idea might be to have 2 races each week for the Nascar cup. The races would be east and west of the Mississippi.

We feel that the Busch races should not alow Cup drivers to participate. They already have a huge advantage over their Busch counter parts.