PDA

View Full Version : WFFCO? Inverter

fireman660r
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I have a 2006 cherokee 285 BH+ fifth wheel. Slept in it for the first time last night and this morning while stirring around I noticed what sounded like a fan in the inverter kicking on and off as I turned lights on and off. If one light was in the fan would stay off, but if I turned multiple lights on then the fan noise would begin. I had no other appliances turned on and am plugged in to a 10 amp 110 volt outlet. Is this normal, as I didn't notice the fan yesterday when working and cleaning the camper? Thanks for the help.

wingnut60
03-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Should be the cooling fan that comes on when the CONverter is operating. I don't think it is a problem.
It is designed to keep the battery(s) charged--whenever you pull power out of the batteries (lights, water pump, etc) the converter will turn on to replace the power (recharge) the battery(s). It will not operate if not plugged into outside power.
If you ever have a failure of the converter, consider replacing it with a Progressive Dynamics series 9200--these are the best on the market and automatically maintain battery charge without danger of overcharging.
Might want to check the battery conditions also if they are not new.
Joe