PDA

View Full Version : Poll for 2006 Rally!

08-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi Folks:

This is a Poll for the 2006 Rally, MS Factory Tour and National MS Club Organization.

Please vote on the Campground you would like to stay at.

A Second Poll will be put up for the Time of Year that will work out for you in 2006.

Thanks again,

Jeff

osiebosie
08-07-2005, 07:54 AM
The only reason we picked the fairgrounds is because of some of the posts we read yesterday. Since we've never been to ANY of the options, we'll have to leave it in your capable hands :D !!

Sharon

rverdlm
08-07-2005, 08:29 AM
I voted for the fairgrounds because of the price. It's not that I don't occasionally pay $35 a night, but when I do I expect more than just a small grass site. I've not stayed at Shipsewnna, but we did stay at Twin Mills and we generally pay around $20 for that quality of CG. The reason they cost what they do is because the daily people are paying for the pool etc that is mostly used by the seasonal people. Personally I don't want to do that! JMHO

allegheny mama
08-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Either Shipshewana or Fairground is fine with us. I'll vote for the fairgrounds.

Motor31
08-07-2005, 10:43 AM
We've been to both Elkhart RV Campground and the Fairgrounds. Both are doable for our purposes. The fairgrounds had better water and was less expensive, Elkhart RV has more "facilities", lots more spaces and trees and very brown water.

In this case my vote is for the fairgrounds.

rverdlm
08-07-2005, 01:26 PM

cptxguys
08-07-2005, 01:46 PM
We've not been to any of the proposed locations, but are flexible...so we'll leave the decision to those 'in the know'. My motivation will be not only the rally, but also to tour the factory (which we have not yet done).

Thanks for all your efforts on pulling this together. We're looking forward to a successful Rally.

impumalanga
08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi all
I called and spoke to the gal at the Elk Hart fairgrounds. While the campground is a 'no frills' campground, they will bend over backwards to take care of our rally. They are involved with the Convention Bureau and together (the fairgrounds and Convention Bureau) they can put together just about anything we would want to do, such as a catered Amish dinner.

The Pavillions are available and the smaller one would be adequate for up to 250 people. If the pavillion was rented for three days, and we had 50 rigs in attendence, this would cost each rig $21. Or, we could contact some vendors and sell space/exhibits... offsetting some of the costs, OR, if we collected membership dues this could help to offset some of costs.

Their 50 amp area is a year old and designed for big rigs on large, level pads.
Reservations would be made directly by each family, they do not take credit cards for reservations so a check would have to be mailed. A $100 deposit would be required and applied to the pavillion.

Shipshewana CG looks good too, perhaps they will offer a group discount rate?

impumalanga
08-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Opps, forgot to add this link which links to a newspaper article on the Elkhart F'grounds

http://www.etruth.com/News/Content.aspx?ID=352007&page=#photos

wecandiggett
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
We would like to attend but have not been to either camp spots listed. My wife likes a camp area with full hook ups. But we will let it up to masses to deside.

paul1265
08-08-2005, 07:41 PM
For what is worth, we stopped at the Travel Supreme rally last year at the Elkhart Fairgrounds to look around. They were having a great time! We have camped at the Shipshewana North campground, very nice!

nelsonraymond
08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi All
Since we have been on the Tour and back to the Factory a couple times we thought it would be nice to have a Rally somewhere like Branson or Galinburg TN. It sounds like quite a few of you are alreeady familar with Elkart too. It would be nice to go somewhere different and enjoy the companionship of each other and some new sites!
Nelson and Janice
36TK3 #2631

rverdlm
08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Since the idea for this rally would be to try to form a national MS club many of us thought having it near the factory would be a good idea. If this club gets off the ground then rallies in other places would be a good idea, even caravans like many of the other clubs do. First though we need to get organized.