PDA

View Full Version : Shower COLD water

Richard Miller
12-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Am I the only one that gets a blast of cold water every time the shower is on water saver, then turn back to regular flow!! I looked all through this site and found no info on this.

billr
12-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Nope. Nature of the beast! Learn Quick to point elsewhere when turning back on! :shock: :shock:

ponch
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Sorry Richard Bill's right just the nature of the beast.

RickandJanice
12-27-2010, 10:09 AM
We do not have this problem anymore, but did have it before we installed a different shut off. When I changed to a Oxyenics shower head, I did not like the twist head shut off and like all others, it did not shut off 100% of the flow. So by recommendation from the vendor that I bought the shower head from, I installed an in-line shut off valve that is a ball valve. I installed ours to the faucet and then attached the hose for the shower head to it. This shuts off the water with no drip which saves water. At the same time, it solved the problem of getting a shot of cold water when you turn the water back on using this valve. That is, as long as no one runs hot water from another faucet while it is shut off. You can find these valves at almost any hardware store or Camping World in chrome finish.

Richard Miller
12-28-2010, 08:36 AM
OK I am going to the hardware store to get a ball valve, I'll let you know how it works. I did crimp the hose last night while in the shower and when it was released the water was still warm so it looks very promising.

Motor31
12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
It saves water and room in the grey tank too.