PDA

View Full Version : Winter in the "Soo"

billr
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Winter has begun! This is for all those who have arrived in the Warmer climates already!

Cheers,
Bill

terry and jo
11-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Good Grief!!!

Couldn't you get the truck started????

(just kidding)

Actually, the snow looks kind of nice. It seems that when we get to see snow, it is halfway horizonal while coming down. Makes it nasty for getting around after its done.

Thanks for the pictures. Man! I'm glad I'm in Oklahoma.

Terry

hitchup
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Looks like you needed to leave the CG right after it closed. That's a lot of snow to shovel. Looks almost as deep as your Smart Car.

sylvain&lynn
11-27-2010, 02:17 PM
winter scene are nice on picture but no fun when you are there
i tought you were gone south nice hearingfrom you

sylvain&lynn

billr
11-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes, its Beautiful for a while....hum...

We indeed did leave, went to Savannah GA for a Convention and 3 week mini vacation, loved Savannah, what a neat place to see. But swung around and came back north so we wouldn't miss the snow and a chance to drive back south later in it! ha :shock: Work still to do but we do hope to get south sometime. :lol:

Tampa RV show is on the agenda, Speedweeks too and Joan has her eyes on some dog shows to enter along the way.

The Rig got to shake off the cobwebs after almost a year off the road, unless you count living in it most of the summer here while we renovated.

Truck and Smart needed some routine repairs and the MS is doing well. Just a few things always in need of attention, as everyone knows.

Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
11-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Wow...! I know that look!
You might get to use those tire chains yet.
I have used mine many times to get my set-up back on the road in January.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YR_-wC4t16I/SWlgPOYR6hI/AAAAAAAABGk/fJvOwCCgsrk/s1600-h/Getting+ready+to+pull+out+the+MobileSuite.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YR_-wC4t16I/SWlgOxLHwWI/AAAAAAAABGc/h55Ll6U9-Bw/s1600-h/Air+up+the+TrailAir+before+the+tugg.JPG

I hope you get out clean...

Rick

Motor31
11-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Better you then me in that stuff!!!!!! :p

No sign of anything like that down here in Tucson. It's pretty chilly today, only got up to 60! :D

billr
11-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Sounds nice Mike! Enjoy the winter in the SW!

Rick, I hope to not need the chains! If I do, its not gonna be pretty! Never put them on the truck before, plenty of times on Aircraft tractors though.ha

No hills like yours to get down before main roads. Will have to plow out though when that day comes!