PDA

View Full Version : Elite TV Change

mcfarlak
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Help again! Our Bedroom TV went out and only 3 years old. Found one that does not fit the old box. Any suggestions on how to install 26 inch flatscreen outside of the same "box" in the bedroom of our 2007 Elite Suite. I want to mount it in the same area as the old one, knowing it will have to be outside of the "box". I thought about putting channel rail on both sides to hold the TV in place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

terry and jo
11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Ken,

I don't know if you are registered over at Suites Owners International Travel Club's forum site, but if you are, a poster by the name of "hitchup" posted some pictures of a similar arrangement. In order to see the pictures, one does have to be registered there and logged into the forum. He has posted two different pictures. One of the TV itself from the bed area and the second photo at the bottom of the thread is of the articulating arm that he speaks of in his description.

His posting was entitled "Bedroom TV replacement" in the "Tips, Tricks, and Aftermarket Mods" thread area.

If you don't necessarily need to see the photos, here is a link to the thread concerned where he describes what he did for making a larger TV work in that area.

http://suitesowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811

Terry

hitchup
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Ken, is your TV centered above the dresser or in the corner at the closet end?

On our 2006 ES, we had removed the corner CRT tv and placed a 22" LCD on an arm. So when we saw the 2011's with larger LCD's, had to have one. Certain 26"'s will work, there are also 24" and 22" which are all better than the 19" we replaced.

Articulating arm is attached on sidewall. LED-LCD is lighter and thinner. It has bungee cord wrapped around it during travels.

[/img]