PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Roof Question

matsonelite69
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey guys and gals, besides my Elite I have a 32ft Wilderness tagalong for my hunting club. We found a few leaks and apparently it was leaking before we purchased it. Has anyone ever replaced a rubber roof themselves? My father and I are thinking about excepting the challange but wanted some advise. You gays and gals always have great info.

BobW
09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Be glad the buzzards haven't eaten your roof like in the other forum.

RonS
09-28-2010, 03:27 PM
They have some stuff at RV shops which is like a thick paint. You just apply like paint, over your existing roof. Works on rubber or fiberglass. I dont know what its called but have a friend who had it applied to his 36 ft motor home. He had fiberglass roof which was damaged all over the roof from hail, many leaking spots. Looks good and no more leaks. He had the RV place put it on, think he said it cost about 3000 bucks, and no more black streaks. His insurance paid claim. Came with a 10 year warranty.

matsonelite69
09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes iam glad that i do not have a buzzard problem, that sounds very interesting which forum is that on i would like to read about that. I will check on the paint you suggested. Thank you,

terry and jo
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Matsunelite69,

The other forum is Suites Owner's International Travel Club. They are at:

http://www.suitesowners.com/

Terry