PDA

View Full Version : Broken / missing spring bolt

anijet
09-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Just finished a 4000 mile trip. It seemed like I needed extra leveling blocks on the right side starting in MO. Made it home last week and today I checked the suspension. I noticed the air bags on the right side pushed back. Then I noticed the aft spring was resting against a reinforcement inside the rear spring hanger and the frame. Fortunately it was still supporting some weight. I really don't know how many miles we drove this way but I suspect more than 2000. Monday I'll order parts and get her fixed up.

I really don't mind road construction delays - I wish there were more.

RonS
09-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Great pictures, sure looks like it could have caused a whole bunch of damage. Glad to hear you found it in time. Did you just get it bent back and use new bolt, or did you get it reinforced? I checked my hangers last time I greased and one seeed a little off plum. But all was tight. Rotated tires using the spair, will keep an eye on them. One tire had a little more inside wear than the others. Had ben runing 110 lbs air will bump them up to 120.

BobW
09-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Two of mine broke and took out the shocks. I think the travel of the shock isn't long enough and bottoms out braking the bracket. Another great Lippet design. Also there is no room for side movement.