PDA

View Full Version : Ladder

Okie
05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
One of the steps on my rear ladder has broken. The plastic end that goes into the step has split and broken. I am sure because of my fat butt up and down on it lately to clean my roof. Anyway does anyone know where I can get a new step to replace it??
Thanks,
Okie

BobW
05-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Of more concern would be for you to check all the broken screws. I found some that were broken at the factory. The ones that screw to the roof need to be replaced with larger ones.

Motor31
05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I've never seen a manufacturer name on my ladder. Perhaps an e-mail to the factory could get a name and contact point for parts to repair it.

wingnut60
05-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Atwood makes a lot of the ladders for other trailers, and it looks like that is what is on mine. There should be some ID on the rubber caps.
Joe

2blackdogs
05-14-2010, 08:23 AM
My plastic caps also broke and I called factory and they sent me a few. An easy fix.

Okie
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the input. I will be working on it and let you all know the result. Again THANKS

Okie

Okie
08-13-2010, 12:48 PM
As I said I would let you know when I got it fixed I would let you know. I know it's been a while but it is real hot here in Oklahoma and you never want to rush into anything. Here are some pics of the fix.

wingnut60
08-13-2010, 01:41 PM
That is very impressive--almost every type of bandaid known to a Redneck is in use. I am hoping you used the High-Tensile-Strength duct tape?
Joe

bstark
08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Now that's funny! :P

terry and jo
08-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Hey, hey!!!!

That's my neighbor. However, perhaps I need to loan him some baling wire?

Terry

wingnut60
08-13-2010, 06:22 PM
He already has some baling wire in use, altho it seems that the duct tape is the major repair item. The failsafe harness would also make OSHA proud.
Seems that several on the forum lately have suffered ladder failures of some sort--waiting now for mine to give out.
Joe

Okie
08-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I figured my ingenuity geuisness wouldn't hold up for ever so I had the factory send me some new parts. Antbody having any problems let me know and I will ponder it for a while and figure it out for you.

Okie

terry and jo
08-14-2010, 12:37 PM
He already has some baling wire in use, altho it seems that the duct tape is the major repair item. The failsafe harness would also make OSHA proud.
Seems that several on the forum lately have suffered ladder failures of some sort--waiting now for mine to give out.
Joe

Well, I used to be in agriculture and I can attest that Larry didn't use ENOUGH baling wire. :shock:

I have a piece of 2X4 laying around somewhere. With that tied in place on the inside, left side and under the broken step and
with LIBERAL use of bailing wire, it might outlast the rest of the ladder. :wink:

jcasey
08-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem. To solve it, I put a hose clamp around the vertical part. the intent was to have the hose clamp provide support for the horizontal step. It works so far.

wingnut60
08-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Only thing extra I can think of is the 2x4 Terry mentioned--put that on the ground for support. Then, put a roller skate under it for travel.
Joe