PDA

View Full Version : Need Insurance Information, Please.

terry and jo
04-28-2010, 07:08 PM
It is now "crunch time". Our Mobile Suites arrived at the dealership yesterday, so we should have it ourselves sometime next week.

What I need now is information regarding insurance that is more specific than what I've read online. I was looking at Miller Insurance (out of Oregon, I think) and an outfit called RV America. RV America is evidently associated with the following insurance companies:

AIG

American Modern

Foremost

GMAC

National Interstate

Progressive.

While I need to remain as objective as possible, I have heard some stories about one or two of the above that were negative. There was also one company that would not insure the truck IF IT WASN'T HOOKED TO THE FIFTH WHEEL.

What I would like is information from as many as possible as to whether the above companies are "reputable" and "full-time RV'er friendly". Any good things to say as well as the bad?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a better source?

Of course, we want to be able to insure our Ford F450, the Mobile Suites, and our Ford Explorer at one time, hopefully through the same insurance company. Any advice or ideas from everyone would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Terry

keithandpenne
04-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Check out Farm and City Insurance Agency, Forest City, Ia. Web site is: http://www.fcisinsurance.com/

They know RV's and tow vehicles. Many using Class 8 tractors as their tow vechicle use them. They will quote several companies to get you the best rate.

GlennWest
04-29-2010, 04:10 AM
We went with TWINSTATE in Florida. That the agent we went with. Offer all the major companies. Very pleasant to dell with.

Huck
04-29-2010, 08:05 AM
We have never made a claim, but have had good luck and best rates for replacement coverage through Foremost for fulltimers insurance.
Rates and companys change with different zip codes.
So, one company that is great for one person/place is not the best for all.
I would do my own research. As I know you will.

missourijan
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM
We purchased National Interstate through RV America 3 years ago. National Interstate covers fulltimers and offers replacement coverage for the 1st 5 years. We haven't had a claim, so can't address that. They offer emergency road service and we had one claim that was reimbursed at 100%. They changed from Continental Car to Coach Net this year and are charging less than a regular policy that you would buy directly.

RGordon
04-29-2010, 09:57 PM
I went with Gilbert RV Insurance out of Florida. They have a website where you get a quote online. Also they are very good to work with. They broker several different companies to get you the best premium.

Motor31
04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
We have been using Farm and City for over 5 years. They are a broker not an insurer so they can cover several companies to provide your coverate. They have saved us a bunch of $ over the years.