PDA

View Full Version : TOILET WILL NOT HOLD WATER

dpbrushaber
04-08-2010, 09:29 AM
We have a 2007 Mobile Suites, our toilet is not holding water. Besides replacing the seal what should we look for to see what the problem is and what caused the problem.

Motor31
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
First thing to do is to clean the flapper valve. That means doing a nasty job. You can try a soft toilet brush. Open the valve then start scrubbing around the seal area. There was a small tool for cleaning the seal provided with the toilet. It was a small flat white plastic strip with a soft scrubbing surface on one end. You leave the valve closed but insert the "scrubber" between the seal and valve and scrub all around.

If neither of those fixes it you may have a tensioning device behind the front screen under the bowl. Take the front cover off of the base and look for a screw band and increase the tension a bit. If that doesn't work you're stuck replacing the flapper assembly or the toilet.

I haven't had to do anything but cleaning yet and have fingers crossed.

morscuba
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
After cleaning around the flapper seal,,take some pledge or some kind of furniture (spray) wax or cleaner wax and really spray the ball and the seal..Be sure to turn the bowl water off and let the wax penetrate for a couple of min.

layne
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
We have the electric toilet and ours has done that a few times. I put on rubber gloves and rub vasoline around the seal--it opens and shuts really fast and you can't control it, so I swipe it on fast. I've heard some say not to use vasoline, but so far, it's worked fine.

Stripit
04-09-2010, 09:07 AM
We have a 2007 Mobile Suites, our toilet is not holding water. Besides replacing the seal what should we look for to see what the problem is and what caused the problem.

Our unit is a 2004 and I have never replaced the seal, but have removed it and cleaned the calcium build up off of it numerous times. The whole job is about 15 minutes and not as hard as you think. One flat bladed screw driver and making sure the water is turned off and the bowl drained before you start.