PDA

View Full Version : TV in bedroom

layne
01-20-2010, 08:26 PM
We have an 07 elite suites with 20" samsung in the bedroom. We have not used it with antenna until the last couple of weeks. It will not pick up the stations that the living room gets--the 3 channels we get are in spanish (we are in the RGV). We chose the HDTV as an option when we bought the trailer--so shouldnt' we get all the HD channels that the living room gets? We are baffled as to why we don't get the major channels as the other TV. We have not used anything except satellite until now and are baffled as to why we can't get major stations on this TV. Any ideas? Thanks.......

Gemstone
01-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Provided both TV 's are connected to the same antenna (via the video switch), both should receive the same channels...have you programmed the bedroom TV for available channels via the remote control ?

Motor31
01-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Look to see if there is a signal splitter between the feed for the main TV and the bedroom TV. If there is it may drain enough signal strength to drop the weaker channels from the bedroom unit.

morscuba
01-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Mine has done the same thing. I have two different brands of TV so I'm thinking different tuners recv. differently. I can readjust the ant. and pickup the signal in the bedroom and loose the one in the living room. It also helps to re-scan the channels. Other than that beats me

sje
01-21-2010, 09:00 AM
I have 2007 select suite that had the 20'' samsung in the bedroom. it was not hd, so i question whether your bedroom tv is hd also. we are also in the rio grand valley and i wonder if the channels you get are from mexico and are not broadcast in hd. i dumped my 20'' and put in a hd. the whole wiring of the entainment center is a nightmare, I hooked up both tvs to satellite dish network, they came out and gave me a dual hd receiver and new hd dish free. sje

RGordon
01-21-2010, 05:42 PM
We got the 40 inch Samsung in the living room and 20 inch in bedroom, which was an upgrade. The bedroom tv is not HD and will need a converter. It is just a flat panel.

morscuba
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
HD is not going to make a difference with broadcast tv other than the quality. As long as you have a digital recver you should be able to get the signal. Don't forget the power ant. button on the splitter box also makes a huge difference. I was in Yuma AZ in Nov and was picking up Analog channels from Mexico.

Beaver
01-26-2010, 05:23 PM
You will need a converter box. The 20" is just a monitor "tv". If you have satalite you can pull in the locals on it and avoid having to have a converter box

morscuba
01-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't have a converter box and it works just like the TV in the LR. Its a 20" Samsung. Don't have to do anything except make sure the spliter box is on VCR when on cable and on ant when getting air broadcast digital signals.

layne
01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Found our paperwork and we did pay extra for Samsung LCD HDTV, called Greg at factory and he checked on it for us. He says yes we are supposed to have it and will get back to us and what they will do. I don't know if it will make any different using TV on the channels it will get, but if we're supposed to have HD TV and paid for it, then I think we should have it.

sje
01-28-2010, 07:57 AM
the early hd tvs were not digital,I have a sony tv that is hd but not digital so I have to use a converter box. It was sometime about 2007 when most of the hd tvs became digital. sje

vmc4820
01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
DRV did not start putting Digital/HD TV's in the bedroom until 2008 unless they were special order. The 20' flat panels before 2008 were analog.