PDA

View Full Version : Ant TV connections

ed00
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Where is the TV lead for Living room and Bedroom tied together can't find splitter?????????????

traveler
10-03-2009, 06:04 PM
I suppose that different years may be treated differently, but here is how my 2005 TK3 is wired.

The TV cable from the antenna goes to a splitter that sends the TV(FM) signal to the stereo system and to the input to the muitiswitch unit.

The multiswitch unit feeds the main tv, and the second(bedroom) tv. Mine also feeds a VCR. The other inputs to the multiswitch unit are a satellite signal, a cable signal and a DVR signal.

So depending on the input you choose you can send any one of four different input signals to either tv or to a VCR.

RonS
10-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Ed - I found a splitter in the water bay, where you hook up the cable/sat feed. Just take of the white cover and pull out the cables, has several inches extra on cables. That is where I found the splitters and one extra cable that I dont have a clue where it goes. I had to change to a better splitter to make my Direct TV system work.

Motor31
10-09-2009, 09:58 AM
The only splitter I found was behind the water control panel. That was to tie the outside cable and satellite feeds to the same coax to the switch box. The bedroom TV feed was a single coax that ran from the switch box to the bedroom. By switch box I mean the Winegard button box in the main TV cabinet.

Huck
10-09-2009, 12:51 PM
ed00,

You did not mention what year and model Suite you have.
This will make a difference.

My Suite is wired with two RG6 co-ax wires from the hookup center. No splitter behind the white panel.
One is for cable and one is for satelite. The cable wire goes straight to the wingard video selector box and the other goes to the sat. receiver.

The only splitter in my suite is on the co-ax that comes out of the wingard video selector box to the TV2(bedroom). It is split there so it can feed the radio stereo and the bedroom.

TIP that hasn't been mentioned for a while:
You have to have the antenna booster/amplifier ON and the TV ANT. button on TV2 pushed to get a whole lot of radio stations on the stereo if you are in the boonies away from the big cities.

BobW
10-10-2009, 10:42 AM
You need to get rid of that splitter in the the water area, or don't use it for satellite use. This was a big problem when I bought my rig. The dealer hooked the Dish to a splitter thinking it would be easer than running a new cable to the control box. A satellite dish needs 12volts that it gets from the RGB cable. A splitter will not let the 12 v pass through.

RonS
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Huck - I never could get the radio to work, But now after you told me how it sure seems simple. Thanks for the tip. Now I need to find out how to use the surround sound.

Huck
10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Now I need to find out how to use the surround sound.

These Sony stereos are very nice, but complicated to operate.

I had one in my stick house so it was somewhat familiar to me.

The only suggestion I can give is to read and try to understand the sony owners manual. You can set each mode to the type of sound you want.