PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Fluid

jas24
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Does anyone know what is best Hyraulic fluid to use in MS's and how full it should be ?

Thanks,
Jack

rdunk
09-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Jack, I believe the requirement on our 2005 is to use Dexron 3. The tank needs to be full enough to not suck air when the jacks and slide are being extended. Also, you want the tank to have enough fluid to not have an air problem in the tank if on an unlevel site. We may differ on "how full", but for me, when the slides are in, and the jacks are up, I want my tank to be just "not quite full". Air in the hyd lines is a real PITA for us, so, I go for filling to the max, just so it is not overfilled. That is probably about 1/2 inch to 1 inch more fluid in the tank than is actually recommended.

jas24
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Robert,
Thanks for the info. Wasn't quite sure what to use or how full.
Had to replace rear jack hose (from a tire blowout) so I need to top off fluid.

Thanks again,
Jack

Motor31
09-13-2009, 10:26 AM
The fluid is Dexron 3 ATF. The fill level is different depending on if the slides and legs are extended. You want about 1/4 to 1/2 half inch of fluid over the seam of the bottle when everything is extended.

wingnut60
09-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Seems like I read on here somewhere that on most of the older models the fluid level is highest when the door/off door slides are in and the bedroom slide is out--because the BR works on the reverse of the other two slides? Maybe I just dreamt this, don't know.
Joe

billr
09-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Thats right Joe. BR slide actuator is extended when slide is in. Opposite to others.

So, all jacked retracted, main slides in, and BR slide out, then check fluid level at 3/4 full. A bit more ok, but not totally full.

Bill