PDA

View Full Version : Accessorize your Suite

billr
07-31-2009, 09:01 PM
We added a new accessory to our rig. See here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/billandjoan/SmartcarLoaded#

The car is a Canadian 2005 Smart passion model, got it a few months ago and use it for daily commute. 61MPG not bad at all! If I average it with the Volvo we both get 35 MPG! (well maybe not....) :lol:

Bill

RodeWorthy
07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Great job Bill. The combo looks great. Can't wait for a closer inspection in a couple of weeks at the Canadian SOITC rally. Love the licence plate too -- apt and a nice tribute.

Remember when all this started out it was to find a place for the motorcycle? Things do have a way of escalating and I am very familiar with that :)

Enjoy!

Diesel-Gypsy
08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I think you have done a great job, it is simple, effective, and very well thought out.
I like that your rig remains so short in length overall.
No use having an RV set-up thats too long for nothing.
It looks like your still under 68 feet in total length.

Congradulations buddy!
I'll be standing in the line-up to check it out at the Mini Rally in two weeks.

Rick

bstark
08-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Joan's car looks good up there. The plate speaks volumns, nice touch. I'm dying for a pic (on a cooler day of course) of the kids all aboard the Smart with you grinning behind the wheel - - ya think? Joan should take the pic while remaining unruffled outside, Haaar!

Would love to join you all for the rally but the downstairs bath re-mod comes first (boss's words) and discovered another glitch with the rig regarding hydraulics delay timer (piece of c**p) that I will simply remove and do without. Can't lift the rig to hook up with that darn thing acting up! Works fine if I jumper it out of the system.

Enjoy your rally gang and keep the drool running down the side of Bill's truck to a minimum, you know how he is about keeping it shiny!

Diesel-Gypsy
08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Bruce, that re-model must be some important to the boss if you can't pull R&R for 4 days..... :lol:

As far as your Suite, I'm sure your McGuyver talents easily out-pace that hydraulic challenge.

Wish you could make it, can you tell......?

Rick

bstark
08-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Rick, this stuff always happens when we're expecting a number of company for a visit. You know the drill, the need to re-model in a hurry to correct stuff you've been putting off for ever so the company doesn't see your boo-boos!

Yeah, the hydraulics are going to get an improvement to the wiring for sure. I've had it with all of those scotch-blocks and crimp connectors in areas vital to the operation of these things, especially in the compartment directly above the batteries and their corrosive fumes.

We will miss not seeing the bunch and watching Bill perform his loading and unloading routine.

Oh yeah, before I forget; if you see him standing on a front tire cleaning his windshield keep an eye on him for all of us, OK?

Diesel-Gypsy
08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Bruce, you will be missed....and as far as Bill is concerned....that ring is history, no more jewelry for him... :oops:

Rick

billr
08-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Ditto on missing the Starkeys! Sad to not have you guys there. We will toast to yas! Yup, no more rings for me!!

Bill

sylvain&lynn
08-03-2009, 06:18 PM
hi bill nice looking rig looking forward to see it in person at the rally sylvain&lynn