PDA

View Full Version : No 110 power from either shore power or generator

jcchase
07-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I have no 110 power from either shore power or generator, do get 110 power when I turn the inverter on.

I've checked fuses, circuit breakers, GFCI's & am no closer to finding a solution than when I first started. The trailer is a Sunnybrook 391SUT. I have a Prowatt 3000 inverter with 2 12v batteries in addition to the standard 2 6v batteries that came with the unit. In order to maintain the batteries at full charge, I keep them connected to a battery maintainer.

Will dead batteries cause the 110 power to not work? Maybe one of the 4 batteries is dead.

Thanks for your help.

Motor31
07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Batteries are on a totally seperate circuit. They will not stop the 110 from working. You may have a dead main breaker That while it looks good has no continuity. The wire may also have backed out of the breaker as well. You'll need to pull the main breaker to check it. The inverter also should be checked. Have you checked to see if your power cord (shore power) has continuity or if a wire has broken inside of it?

jcchase
07-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Shore power cord is providing electricity.

When using 110 via the inverter the main breakers work.

Still experimenting!

rverdlm
07-26-2009, 08:12 AM
There should be a switch somewhere that turns off the inverter and turns on shore power. You can't have both connected at the same time. Same as the genset and shore power and inverter. Only one at a time!