PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dometic Fuses

traveler
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I have a 2005 Dometic refrigerator that has two fuses on the AC/DC circuit board. One is a 5 amp fuse, the other is a 3 amp fuse. The 3 amp fuse is a little shorter in length that the 5 amp one. It is 25 mm long. It is the one that goes on the 12V side of the board on the left.

The fuse indicates it is a 125V (of course, it never sees that voltgage), 3 amp fuse. I have been to Lowes, Home Depot, Radio Shack and a few auto parts stores and cannot find a replacement. I also went to 2 RV dealer parts departments, but they did not have the fuse either. I can find a 3 amp fuse that is about 5mm longer that will probably work, but where do you get these--apparently special and rare--fuses??

rverdlm
06-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I just used the slightly longer fuse that works just fine. I also replaced the 5 amp with a slow blow fuse and that fuse has not blown since.

traveler
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks. I found the longer 3 amp ones and will use these.

RonS
06-09-2009, 05:35 PM
So where are the fuses and where is the circuit board. Guess its good to never have to look for them.

traveler
06-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Take off the lower louvered panel on the side of the RV. The circuit board is located on the lower left under a black box about 6 by 5 inches square. box itself has a diagram as to how the box should be opened. Basically you pry it open by inserting a screw driver in a slot.

When you see the board, there are terminals . The ones on the left are numbered J1 to J5. The DC power uses these. The ones on the left are AC and are numbered J6 to J12 (or something like that).

The 5 amp AC fuse is above the J6J12 terminals. The 3 amp fuse is to the left of the J1 terminal--it is a little harder to see and get at.