PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Water Heater TroubleShooting

MN5thwheel
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I've been having troubles with my hot water heater. I have it where I cannot bring it in to get fixed at the moment. I've been working with a service shop trying to figure out what's wrong but I'm at the point where I need to bring it in an have them look at it.

1. I changed the electrode. I get gas but no spark. I try to ignite it with the switch that's inside and I get the clicking like it's trying to start but I get no spark and no ignition.

2. I change the circuit board for the water heater. That wasn't the problem either.

Does anyone else have any ideas. I can get it started if I have someone inside hit the switch and I manually light the water heater outside with a match. However when it needs to kick in again to heat water it doesn't because I have no ignition. I'm looking for any help I can get. Thanks.

rotaxman
05-01-2009, 11:19 PM
You might take a close look at where the dsi sparks across and make sure that it has not sooted up or that some sort of debris ( cob webs or mud dobber nest etc) as blocked the path of the spark.

If that checks out ok I would suspect that the dsi spark unit is bad.

Hope this helps

Jerry

robertsamual
01-11-2011, 02:06 AM
I am replying to a very old post. Sorry for that. You have tried everything what I can suggest you. If there is no problem in circuit then what should be the problem? Blockage in in\ignition shows some kind of trouble and you will have to look closely to its power supply.