PDA

View Full Version : Adnormal tire wear

ralphp
04-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Questions or comments: I have Dexter never lube axles on a 2005 Mobile Suite 36TK3 with Trailair ride equalizer. On the door side the lite side I show tire wear on the outside edge,rear the worst but both wheels show wear after 2500 mile trip. I went to a alignment shop and everything come up to spec. So has anybody experanced this problem and what was the fix? I understand that frame is made by Lippert and equalizer may be Trailair . I purchased trailer in Colorado and located in Desert Hills,AZ so dealer out of question but I'am not sure a dealer would be much help so looking top the experts.
Thanks Ralph

Motor31
04-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I'd be going to another shop for alignment check. Go to a trucking shop that does work on commercial trailers, not an automotive shop. It sounds like alignment to me, possibly camber. Noticeable wear in 2500 miles is a significant issue.

wingnut60
04-14-2009, 12:25 PM
ralphp--
Are these new tires and were showing wear after just 2500 miles? Or have they been on for some time and are now wearing fast?
I would suggest as above to take to an alignment shop--perhaps an axle/frame shop that knows what to look for.
Joe

RGordon
04-14-2009, 01:20 PM
If it is within spec. I would rotate tires and by all means get them balanced.
My was really out of balance and took lots of weight.

keithandpenne
04-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I agree Mike, I would look for one of the national brand commercial trailer shop and have them check the alignment, including alignment with the king pin. They have the knowledge and equipment to do it as well as make any corrections that might be needed.

You might try to get in touch with Stacy and if he is in your area, have him weigh each wheel as well as your tow vehicle so that you know where you really are on weights. If he is not in your area, the next best bet would be to try and find a co-op with a scales that will allow you to weigh each tire on the rig and help you properly calculate its load as well as total truck, trailer and pin weights.

wingnut60
04-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Keith,
Did you ever make it to the RV Ranch? I looked thru the cg couple of times, but never saw a MS.
Joe

Haggis
04-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Your unit is definately out of alignment.

Ask one of your friends to drive behind your unit and observe the angle of your wheels in relation to your unit. They should be able to confirm if the alignment is out.

How does your unit handle on the road while driving?

Dale Fenton [Trailail] is very knowledgable in regards to mechanical problems with suspensions. Give him a call [he has a Web Site] if you are in his area in Indiana. I'm sure he can steer you in the right direction if you can't make it to his shop.

keithandpenne
04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Joe

Sent you a pm.