PDA

View Full Version : Digital Converter

kmosher6
01-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Due to us not having the new flat screen I had to install a Digital Converter. The picture was BAD very snowy until I turned off the TV antenna power switch, now I'm getting a good picture. I still don't like using another remote but at least it works.

RonS
01-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Something not correct, your power boost should be on. Try moving your antenna. And check your connections.

kmosher6
01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I would normally agree with you but this is really working. I'm thinking that there might be a conflict using the switch and the digital converter. Has anyone else tried turning off the antenna power switch? My converter is working great without the switch on. I just read that Obama is recommending delaying the TV stations swiching to Digital. Oh well I'm ready.

RonS
01-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe someone will give Obama a converter box so we can get on with the program.

Huck
01-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Due to us not having the new flat screen I had to install a Digital Converter. The picture was BAD very snowy until I turned off the TV antenna power switch, now I'm getting a good picture. I still don't like using another remote but at least it works.
Do you have the converter box hooked up before the video selector or after it?(upstream or downstream?)

I would guess that you have it wired in before the video box to get the results you are getting...Try wiring it in between the video selector and the tv.

Just a guess........

kmosher6
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
If I wire after the switch I'll need a box for the living room and one for the bedroom. I don't think I can get behind the TV in the bedroom, so it would have to be in the shelving in the front room. There only seems to be space enough for one converter. My unit is a TK3 so the controls are in the front room.

Huck
01-10-2009, 07:40 AM
My unit is a TK3 so the controls are in the front room.
I think the model year makes the difference, not the production model.

Huck
01-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Try moving the splitter to the TV side of the converter box so you can watch it in the other room and have the signal booster work too.

Esp. if you use it while traveling..