PDA

View Full Version : TrailAir tri-slide plate

RonS
12-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Does anyone have any feed back on the tri-slide plate which is now offered to replace king pin on Trailair pin boxes??

Diesel-Gypsy
12-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Ron, it must be top secret, as I could find nothing on their web-site, or even google.

What do you have in the way of spy stuff?

Rick

ponch
12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
First off it's a Tri-Glide"

It will basically cure the chucking / push pull problem.

The concept has been around for many years , kind of like a porch glider, like grandma had on the porch.

This is included on all 09 models with the
Air Ride pin box's.

Cost is $300 PLUS shipping for retro's.

Contact the Trail Air Service center for the rest of the info.

Motor31
12-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Ponch,

Is it in addition to the air pin box or a replacement for it? I'm pretty darn happy with the air pin myself.

ponch
12-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Mike

It actually replaces the plate on the bottom of the box.

Diesel-Gypsy
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Ponch, I don't have that problem you describe, that chucking push/pull business.
Is that a common problem, it sounds annoying.
What causes it?
Does everyone experience it, or just some folks?

Thanks

Rick

ponch
12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Most do Rick, but having your brakes adjusted properly will eliminate it to some extent.

I have an Air Ride hitch so I don't have that problem at all.

Jack in Alaska
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Ponch,

I eliminated most of my front to back chucking by tightening up the hitch/pin connection on my HiJacker hitch. I still get a slight chucking that the co-pilot doesn't like. Maybe the sliding plate on my Trailair pin box would help.

Jack in Alaska

ponch
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Call and talk to trail air and let them explain in detail.

800-998-4238

Tell Kara I said HI!

billr
12-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Ponch, I don't have that problem you describe, that chucking push/pull business.
Is that a common problem, it sounds annoying.
What causes it?
Does everyone experience it, or just some folks?

Thanks

Rick

Rick,

I had the chucking when I towed with the Chevy, it was mostly when crossing bridge sections, severe rough road, or on bad concrete hwys. ie; Michigan!!! It did get somewhat better when I switched to the Trailersaver hitch (non-air). Eliminated it with the Volvo! So thats why you don't notice it. I think it has something to do with the truck being equal in wt to the trailer!! However, the chucking will still be affecting the trailer, so this new gizmo may be of interest. Anything to help keep the jarring loads off the trailer frame.

Bill

billr
12-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Found this pic on other forum

RonS
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Yes thats it, any feed back pro/con. Although I have this new system, I will not beable to give it a test run until early spring when we head north.