PDA

View Full Version : Another new problem...

SuiteWheels
12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Well it seems we have a propane leak....when I came home today I thought it smelled strange, wasn't too bad so I did a few chores and left again....d/h came home, didn't notice anything but then I left again and when I came back and opened the door,...OMG, the smell was horrible. All of a sudden d/h came out of the living room (we have the siding glass doors shut with fireplace going to warm the room) and yelled "that's propane...he quickly shut off the tanks and when he opened the basement, it just about knocked us over the smell was so strong. No smell coming from the propane tanks themselves so he figures it's a leak in one of the pipes....smell is strongest in kitchen area. We aired the unit out (freezing, as it's foggy and cold here) but thank the good Lord, the smell is gone and he will try and find the leak tomorrow.
Anyone else have this happen? :shock:

ponch
12-13-2008, 05:45 AM
Haven't had that problem however what I'm more worried about is why wasn't the alarm, on the floor, going off???????

SuiteWheels
12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Ponch, d/h said the same thing. We know the alarm works because it went off when I had the carpet cleaned as the man left his van running and my front door was open and it set it off for a long time!

First we thought the fumes weren't low enough but the basement was filled, so wondering if propane smell won't set it off???

ponch
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Pat has bumped the oven/ burner on and that set ours off.