PDA

View Full Version : Awning rod?

Huck
09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Can anyone tell me what the awning rod is for?

The only thing I have ever used it for is to reach across to release the sliding storage tray from the opposite side.

wingnut60
09-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Mine is used to pull out the small awning over the door-side slide. If you don't have one of those and have the electric door awning, then don't know why you got one. But reaching into the basement is certainly a logical use.

Joe

Gillesm
09-29-2008, 09:29 PM
If you don't have a manual awning the rod is for locking the microwave or fan outlet.

bstark
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Or after removing the anode rod from the water heater while heater is still full of water, you can "hook' the end of the rod into heater and use it to stir and pull all the debris to the hole while the water is "glug-glugging" out.

jdwilson3
09-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Works really well for reaching under the rig to get stuff that rolls under. As you know, everything that falls will roll under the exact center of the rig.

Also excellent for clearing spider webs from around the rig while you are walking around.

Good for use as a back scratcher.

2 DA WDS
09-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I put duct tape on mine at the depth of the 2 main slides to make sure they will clear an object when in question.

billr
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I put duct tape on mine at the depth of the 2 main slides to make sure they will clear an object when in question.

Now thats a great use for sure!!! If you don't mind, I'll use that Tom!

Bill

2 DA WDS
10-02-2008, 10:32 AM

Now thats a great use for sure!!! If you don't mind, I'll use that Tom!

Bill

Better hurry, I havent copyrighted it yet!!