PDA

View Full Version : Pull down shades

ponch
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
WE finally broke a string on one of our shades.

I know it was discussed here but cannot find it.

Where did you go to have it restrung?

Thanks

Okie
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Hey Ponch, You can go to www.rversonline.org/daynight.html for instructions on fixing it yourself or go to rvshaderepair.com for a place that will fix them.

Okie

RocknJudi
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Ponch if you call Specialty Windows in Elkhart, 574-262-5190 tell them what size window shade and they will send you the cord and the directions. We broke one too they sent us the cord and we repaired it.
Not hard.

Judy & Rocky
Charter Member
SOITC 2587
Bradenton, Fl

ponch
08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Okie

how does the shade come off. It's the kitchen table shade

Stripit
08-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi Ponch;

Unscrew the valance and the shade snaps out of the holders. Not a big job, but it took both of us to get it right. We restrung 4 of them before we decided to just replace them all with venetian blinds. Much easier to take care of.

RocknJudi
08-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Ponch, probably easier to unscrew the valance but we didn't, just reached up under and unclipped it.

Rock and Judy

ponch
08-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Thank you everyone!

rverdlm
08-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Ponch; FWIW I did one and found it to be much easier than expected. I bought a big needle at WalMart that had a hole big enought to put the string in. You then just squeeze the folded material together and put the needle through all the holes at once. Took about a half hour total, but it was only a 2 string shade.

Motor31
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Ponch,

Here's the link to the earlier thread about the shades and has the diagram on it as well as links to shade info.

http://www.5thwheelforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2028&highlight=night+shades

ponch
08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I ended up in Goshen and called Specialty in Elkkhart and told them my problem.

They said to bring it by and they would restring it.

So I ran by and dropped it off . They had it ready the next morning. No Charge! How about that.

Then she said if it was their shade they do not charge to restring it.

Mailed in or brought by. If mailed you pay shipping.

golf_bears
08-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Ponch,

Had to restring one last week. Broke a string on the same window as yours, a 4 stringer. Ordered the string from Specialty Windows, came with instructions and used the info in this post. First time I have strung one and all went well. Info in this post was great especially the colored schematic.

Take care,

Barb & Roland

wingnut60
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
We have just gone thru restringing one of the 4 cord and one of the 2 cord shades. Got the string from supplier--they sent it free and quickly after I called them.

It isn't an intuitive repair, but after the first 2, maybe others will go easier, if we don't forget what we did before the next one breaks.

The information on this forum has really helped.

Joe

kfrimr
10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I have replaced a string on the large back window shade, and then just this week replaced two strings on the Kitchen window. The first time I called the dealer and he sent me string and instructions. This last time I went to a local drapers and curtains store. They had the string for 10 cents a yard. I bought a couple of dollars worth and have plenty for the next times. Not a difficult job.
Kent