PDA

View Full Version : water pump

Carny Bill
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Am I correct to assume that there is not a check valve between the fresh water tank and the pump? From the past post's I get that impression. Anyone know for sure. My pump is starving for water and I can not blow thru the water hose that goes from the pump to the fresh tank.
Thanks for any assistance......Bill

rverdlm
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
There is no check valve between the tank and the pump. If you have water in the tank and you remove the input line from the pump water should run out. If it does not then there is a restriction in that line. another thing to check is to be sure the tank is vented. Remove the tank fill cap. If that helps then the tank vent line is plugged. It can also be a bad pump. Try feeding it from a different source. I hooked a hose from a bucket and fed it directly into the pump which in my case proved the pump was bad. I took the pump to CW and they replaced it with a new one.

Carny Bill
07-07-2008, 11:26 PM
thanks for the info...I have feed the pump from a bucket and it works fine. I removed the hose line from the input to the pump and tried to blow backwards thru the hose, figering I would hear bubbles, but I can not blow thru the line. Must be a blockage???

thanks again...Bill