PDA

View Full Version : sewer smell

mrkgrysngr
07-06-2008, 08:34 AM
I have a 2007 RS3. I have been noticing a slight sewer smell when I open the side compartment doors to access the stuff I have stored there. Does anyone know of a vent or something that might be loose where I could be getting this smell from.

thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Mark Gray

mrkgrysngr@aol.com

MarkGrayMusic.com

Motor31
07-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately it sounds more like a leak than a vent problem. The vent is on the roof. You might try going up to the roof and checking to see if the vent pipe has dropped down a bit into the tank. That usually gives you a smell in the coach however as the gasses vent through the toilet in that case.

RonS
07-06-2008, 11:39 AM
My guess would also be a leak. On our previous 5er (not DT) we had this problem. One of the fittings were not properly tightened before gluing. Could not move it to get it tight, so cut the sewer pipe, tightened the fiting, then put a rubber sleve over my cut that I got at Ace hardware, and no more smell, or leak. Check all the PVC stuff, if a leak you will see discoloration on the black pipe. Good Luck!!

morscuba
07-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Mark
Take the cap off the blackwater flush off and see if it you can smell it a little stronger..Also your dump valves (gray or black) might not be shutting into the tube and could be seeping a bit.