PDA

View Full Version : No 12V power when not hooked to pickup

Wife of Big Doofus
06-28-2008, 01:40 PM
When I unhook from the pickup I have no 12V power. The slides & jacks will work but nothing else. Connected to the pickup everything works as it's supposed to. When I plug in to A/C current everything works. I have tried to look for a fuse blown or something but can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Wally
06-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Open the door were the battery resides. On the right side about half way down you will the 12v reset switch. It is a small metal box with a black button in the center. Push the button to reset and give it a try.

Good Luck
Wally

rverdlm
06-29-2008, 09:04 AM
How about the turn off switch inside the door where the jacks operate?

larry_electricguy
06-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey, I don't anything about how our Suites work...but gotta tell you I love your ID! LOL!!!

Betty

billr
06-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm with you Dave, the switch inside the jack switch door must be pushed in. That limits you to slides and jacks. No battery charging either.

Bill

Wife of Big Doofus
07-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I still cannot find the reset in the battery box. I tried the switch in the jack box in both positions, still nothing.

rverdlm
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Your going to need to trace the battery cables and see where the interupt is. It's apparently broken somewhere in the line from the battery itself since all works well when you have another source of 12V power. Are the batteries them selve OK? If they are then just follow the cables to see where the break is. A good volt/ohm meter would help.

Motor31
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
The reset button on our 07 38' rig is on the side of the battery box. The positive cables are routed from the battery to a small black and grey metal box on the side wall of the battery box. There is a very small black plastic button on the end of the reset box that faces the doorway of the battery area. Push that button in and you should feel and hear a small click. It's almost like pushing in the reset button on a GFCI socket. The reset button almost looks like a buss bar rather than a switch assembly. The other (ground or negative) cables from the battery just go through the side of the battery box area into the interior of the trailer.