PDA

View Full Version : slide lubrication

ponch
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
what is everybody lubricating the slides with?

rod? White grease? Spray or what?

Ponch

rdunk
03-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Ponch - Well, I have occasionally sprayed mine with silicon spray, but since you asked........................... - I looked in the Doubletree "manual" (:lol: ), and the instructions in the manual, in two different places, tell us to use "white lithium grease". So, I suppose I might start using that, or some kind of more positive lubricant.

The two places in the manual are in "Slide Out Maintenance", and in "Maintnance Schedule".

I do always worry about "grease" attracting dirt, like a magnet. :(
Or me attracting the grease, as I try to use it. :)

ponch
03-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Robert

I saw both of the entries in the manual, However I have the same reservations that you do. ie: dirt and me lol

Ponch

Motor31
03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
For the slide hydraulic rod I'll spray it with a presurised oil like LPS rust preventative then wipe it after a bit. The actual slide rails under the slide I rub a wax candle on the sides and gear teeth. The wax will be like a dry lube and doesn't collect crud like a grease would. The slide side seals can be sprayed with a pure food grade silicone like you can find in a scuba supply store. The actual slide side walls should be fine with the occasional waxing.

ponch
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks Mike

The factory no longer suggests white grease.

Ponch